There are a few things in my kitchen that I’m finding indispensable at present and I thought I’d share them with you, so here goes.
- My Vitamix blender remains top of my list. I use it at least twice a day to make everything from hummus, to smoothies to soup. I couldn’t live without it, or maybe I could but life would be miserable.
- My new favorite cookbook is Gwyneth Paltrow’s “It’s All Good” – yes, I was skeptical of a cookbook from an actress too, but it’s full of “clean” recipes and caters for meat eaters, vegetarian and vegans alike. To-date I’ve made the vegan banana muffins and turkey meatballs, to name but a few.
- Lemons. I always have to have a few on hand and my favorite is the Eureka lemon. I start each day with the juice of half a lemon in warm water, and love to add the zest and juice to all sorts of things.
- Za’atar is a wonderful combination of herbs, sesame and sumac. It can bring everything from roasted vegetables to chicken or garlic bread to life in a whole new way. I recently bought some at a farmers market, grab some for yourself soon.
- My yard. For the first time in my life, I have hot summers, the right soil and irrigation. This year I’ve been lucky enough to grow and harvest tomatoes, cucumbers, summer and winter squash, arugula, peppers, grapes and even a few apples. I’m lovin’ it.